The Sonitor® P-Tag has been designed using feedback from hospital personnel, specifically to be worn by patients and personnel. The unique construction consists of a reusable electronics core and a disposable, single use (and waterproof) outer shell which makes the P-Tag safe, comfortable and economical to use.
The low-cost, single patient disposable shell eliminates infection control issues, and the reusable core allows for repeated use of the electronics components.
- The core contains the electronic circuitry for the Sonitor ultrasound based Real Time Locating system (RTLS).
- Protected against possible infectious contamination by the disposable outer shell, the core is designed for repeated use without the need for cleaning.
- The disposable shell is designed for single patient use. To eliminate battery handling concerns, disposable batteries are already installed.
- The materials and shape have been chosen for wearable comfort as well as easy attachment and removal by authorized hospital personnel.
- The P- Tag clam shell snaps easily onto, and becomes safely attached to, any standard patient wristband, or similar band or lanyard.
- Opening the disposable shell to remove the core requires a special tool, and renders the shell useless, thus preventing reuse of a potentially contaminated shell.
- The removed core is now immediately ready for repeat use inside a new shell.